Toronto police have identified the suspect as Moses Lewis, 25. However, he is still at-large.
Police say he will be charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, and two counts of refusing to comply with his release from jail.
The victim was severely injured and hospitalized. He is now listed as stable. The victim has not been named and is only described as a male in his thirties.
It is unclear what he was originally in jail for.
This was the initial press release from the Toronto police.
Now they have announced that Moses Lewis, 25, has been arrested.
- the victim and suspect were travelling on board a TTC subway train
- the train was travelling southbound toward Eglinton Subway Station
- the victim and suspect got into an argument
- the suspect then stabbed the victim multiple times
- once the train stopped at Eglinton Subway Station, the suspect fled
- the victim was transported to hospital with life-threatening injuries